Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of numerous information society services. Among others, they allow a web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from where the cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
• Own cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
• Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor himself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the period of time that they remain stored in the client's browser, which may be:
• Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interested in keeping for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of products purchased).
• Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
• Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the process of purchasing an order, make a request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements while browsing, store content for dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
• Personalization cookies: allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
• Analysis cookies: allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by means of this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
•• Advertising cookies: they allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces.
• Behavioral advertising cookies: they store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
You have the option to allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the Help menu of the browser where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies he wants to work on this website.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer:
• Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
• Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
• Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
• Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
• Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following:
• Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
• Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Next, the cookies that are being used in this portal are identified as well as their type and function:
Cookie // Domain // Type // Description // Duration
_fbp // .delegalog.com // Advertisement // This cookie is set by Facebook to display advertisements when either on Facebook or on a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising, after visiting the website. // 3 months
test_cookie // .doubleclick.net // Advertisement // The test_cookie is set by doubleclick.net and is used to determine if the user's browser supports cookies. // 15 minutes
bscookie // .www.linkedin.com // Advertisement // This cookie is a browser ID cookie set by Linked share Buttons and ad tags. // 2 years
IDE // .doubleclick.net // Advertisement // Google DoubleClick IDE cookies are used to store information about how the user uses the website to present them with relevant ads and according to the user profile. // 1 year 24 days
_ga_VVJ3X5XT03 // .delegalog.com // Analytics // This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. // 2 years
_ga // .delegalog.com // Analytics // The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors. // 2 years
__gads // .delegalog.com // Analytics // The __gads cookie, set by Google, is stored under DoubleClick domain and tracks the number of times users see an advert, measures the success of the campaign and calculates its revenue. This cookie can only be read from the domain they are set on and will not track any data while browsing through other sites. //1 year 24 days
_gid // .delegalog.com // Analytics // Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously. // 1 day
_gat_gtag_UA_197230944_1 // .delegalog.com // Analytics // This cookie is set by Google and is used to distinguish users. // 1 minute
lang.ads // .linkedin.com // Functional // This cookie is used to store the language preferences of a user to serve up content in that stored language the next time user visit the website. // session
bcookie // .linkedin.com // Functional // LinkedIn sets this cookie from LinkedIn share buttons and ad tags to recognize browser ID. // 2 years
lidc // .linkedin.com // Functional // LinkedIn sets the lidc cookie to facilitate data center selection. // 1 day
lang // .linkedin.com // Functional // This cookie is used to store the language preferences of a user to serve up content in that stored language the next time user visit the website. // session
pll_languagewww // .delegalog.com // Functional // The pll _language cookie is used by Polylang to remember the language selected by the user when returning to the website, and also to get the language information when not available in another way. // 1 year
UserMatchHistory // .linkedin.com // Other // Linkedin - Used to track visitors on multiple websites, in order to present relevant advertisement based on the visitor's preferences. // 1 month
AnalyticsSyncHistory // .linkedin.com // Other // No description // 1 month
Given this information, it is possible to carry out the following actions:
• Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during this session.
• To close. The notice is hidden on this page.
• Modify your configuration. You can obtain more information about what cookies are, know the Cookies Policy of www.delegalog.com and modify the configuration of your browser.